How do you handle DPI Scaling other than 100%? (1 Viewer)

ions

Access User
Local time
Today, 15:13
As more and more laptops and monitors come with higher resolution screens DPI scaling other than 100% is becoming more popular. At 125% DPI Scaling some field captions in my software built for 100% get cut off or are misaligned. Also the DPI scaling can theoretically be anything as it can be customized by the user. I have even seen DPI scaling of 200% with IPS / Retina screens. MS Access doesn’t support DPI scaling well and it cannot be turned off for MS Access. How do you handle DPI Scaling? Do you build multiple versions of the FE for various DPI Scaling settings such as 100%, 125%, 150% and 200% DPI scaling? Do you build one version at 125% scaling and ensure it also looks good at 100% and stipulate to users that they must use 100% or 125% which are the most common?

I just recently started looking into this as it's becoming more of an issue. Up until now all users were at 100% scaling but this week I discovered my first customer that uses 125% and I expect this shift to continue.

Thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:13
I realise this unanswered thread is 7 years old ...looks like @ions has been waiting for eons!

Anyway, my automatic form resizing code handles DPI scaling factors as well as different monitor sizes & resolutions:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom