How many genders are there? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:27
Isaac, you posted this but I am reacting to the linked video clip, not to you.

Vivek sums it up on the basis of XX/XY chromosome pairs and HE'S WRONG. I have posted links to research that CLEARLY demonstrates that there is more to it than XX/XY chromosomes. The word "disorder" is sometimes generic, sometimes not - but in this context it is used disparagingly. Is "left-handed" a disorder? I simply cannot tolerate people making ignorant comments like Vivek did. He CLAIMS (incorrectly) that DSM-5 calls it a disorder.

In this link,

The LAST thing we need is for people to outright LIE about gender dysphoria. Yes, I am sensitive to this because I have many gay friends and a gay step-daughter. I have seen from close quarters what it is like when closed-minded hatred impinges on the lives of some of the kindest, gentlest people I know. And to be fair, I have also known some gay idiots who needed a good thrashing. Because first and foremost, gay people are PEOPLE just like you and me except they happen to have a different pattern of love life. The main problem is IGNORANCE regarding the effects of imposing YOUR expectations on someone else's life when what they were doing wasn't actually harmful to you, other than to outrage your precious little world-image of how people should behave.

Simply being unhappy with you gender is not a disorder, but running around breathlessly DEMANDING that everyone affirm your belief that you actually are another gender is definitely not normal, and certainly we should not be promoting more and more young people to test out this sad experiment. Which is precisely what's happening.

Stay away from kids with anything sexual - anything, period!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Isaac, you posted this but I am reacting to the linked video clip, not to you.

Vivek sums it up on the basis of XX/XY chromosome pairs and HE'S WRONG. I have posted links to research that CLEARLY demonstrates that there is more to it than XX/XY chromosomes. The word "disorder" is sometimes generic, sometimes not - but in this context it is used disparagingly. Is "left-handed" a disorder? I simply cannot tolerate people making ignorant comments like Vivek did. He CLAIMS (incorrectly) that DSM-5 calls it a disorder.

In this link,

The LAST thing we need is for people to outright LIE about gender dysphoria. Yes, I am sensitive to this because I have many gay friends and a gay step-daughter. I have seen from close quarters what it is like when closed-minded hatred impinges on the lives of some of the kindest, gentlest people I know. And to be fair, I have also known some gay idiots who needed a good thrashing. Because first and foremost, gay people are PEOPLE just like you and me except they happen to have a different pattern of love life. The main problem is IGNORANCE regarding the effects of imposing YOUR expectations on someone else's life when what they were doing wasn't actually harmful to you, other than to outrage your precious little world-image of how people should behave.
Incorrect.

He says up UNTIL dsm-5.

In other words, for hundreds of years everyone agree, then recently the dsm changed to (magically - just a huge coincidence, right?) coincide with society's wishes.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
No matter how many friends you have that have this condition, it DOESN'T MAKE IT OK to try to influence other people's children.
Just stop it.

Anyone who is actively trying to introduce these topics for consideration and influence to little kids is guilty of mental molestation and should be incarcerated. That's the point which you're missing.

We don't care what adults do behind closed doors.

Honestly, the more events I see that provide strong evidence that many people are passionate about actually making sure other people's children are influenced to consider sexual fetishes of all kinds ... I really start to wonder if I missed the boat in my rejecting of QAnon. It is all starting to make sense - how else to you explain droves of people who seem desperate to push sexual fetishes on 8 year olds?? I mean is there another explanation for it? Not really..

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:27
You took a leap, Isaac, and I will call you down on specifics. I don't want to influence other people's children to be anything they aren't. UNLESS what they are is "filled with hate instilled by their parents." That is, to me, intolerable and shameful. Whatever happened to "Love they neighbor as thyself"? Does THAT no longer have meaning even to Christians? Instilling hatred into little kids is a form of mental molestation in and of itself.

Let's clear some air, here. No, I don't want to influence kids to become gay. Yes, I understand that during puberty, strange things go on inside a developing body. Yes, I think it is irresponsible to do body modification on a juvenile. Are we OK on those statements?

I VERY SPECIFICALLY disagree with Vivek's narrow viewpoint regarding whether there is a gender spectrum, due to the brain structure variations I have posted about in other places. His attitude is the subtle kind of hatred that comes about when people disapprove of you simply because you are who you are.

Did you learn nothing from history regarding the Civil Rights movement of activism that revved up in the 1960s? Do you want to chastise blacks or Asians or Hispanics for who they are BEFORE you know of their character? Do you remember how race relations became divisive because Caucasians were slow to open up their attitudes and to be more accepting of other ethnicities? And do you see how our divided country is re-opening that old wound? What we do to blacks, Asians, Caucasians, Native Americans, Hispanics ... these are reflections of our inner character. To mistreat others is to expose our own weaknesses.

OK, there may be a fine line to tread here. But dismissal of another person's pain is probably not the best path to follow, even if you don't know what else to do. I learned a principle when playing tournament bridge a long time ago, but it applies to life as much as it applies to card games: If you don't know what is right to do, don't do what you KNOW to be wrong. Try something else instead.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Child Waves At His Teacher And Principal Acting Out Bondage Scene On Pride Parade Float

WORLDVIEWS·Jun 12, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

Article Image

KANSAS CITY, MO — An awkward moment arose at the city's annual Pride Parade over the weekend, as one young attendee was seen waving politely to his teacher and school principal as they acted out a kinky bondage scene on a passing parade float.
"Hi, Mr. Jenkins!" shouted Braden Harris, a third-grader at a nearby elementary school. "Oh, and Mr. Hartwell, too! Why are you whipping Mr. Jenkins? Is he wearing handcuffs? Did he do something wrong? And why is he wearing pants that have his bare bottom showing? This is weird."

According to one eyewitness, both Mr. Jenkins and Mr. Hartwell were thrilled to see Braden at the parade. "It was a bit surprising to see how thrilled they were to have seen one of their students in the crowd," said the individual who asked to remain anonymous since he understandably didn't want anyone to know he was at the parade. "It's almost as if they've always wanted the kids at their school to see them doing this and just wanted a way to do it legally."
While it isn't known how young Braden ended up at the parade or if his parents took him there with the intention of exposing him to strongly adult situations, one thing that is certain is that Braden has now seen things he will never be able to unsee. "I would have loved to spend today riding my bike and playing baseball," he said, "but now I know about things I'm far too innocent to learn. Awesome!"
At publishing time, Mr. Jenkins and Mr. Hartwell had reportedly enjoyed the experience so much they were asking the parade float to drive around in front of the houses of other students.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The White House just displayed a new "intersex" weird flag that quite a few people believe is offensive to anyone who doesn't believe in mixing children and sex.

The designer of the flag describes themself as this: "The banner was designed in 2018 by American artist Daniel Quasar, who calls himself or herself a "queer non-binary celestial object having a human experience," and uses xe/xym pronouns, according to the individual's website.

Naked people danced on the white house lawn afterwards. Naked men pretending to be women.

Do you still not think something is wrong right now Doc? What is it going to take? I mean what more could possibly happen for you to finally admit OK, the whole thing's gone way too far? Does Biden need to take off his clothes and sit on a flag pole? This is obviously messed up, a movement is afoot which is up to no good in far too many cases, making a laughingstock out of our country - and a dangerous one at that.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
You took a leap, Isaac, and I will call you down on specifics. I don't want to influence other people's children to be anything they aren't. UNLESS what they are is "filled with hate instilled by their parents." That is, to me, intolerable and shameful. Whatever happened to "Love they neighbor as thyself"? Does THAT no longer have meaning even to Christians? Instilling hatred into little kids is a form of mental molestation in and of itself.

Let's clear some air, here. No, I don't want to influence kids to become gay. Yes, I understand that during puberty, strange things go on inside a developing body. Yes, I think it is irresponsible to do body modification on a juvenile. Are we OK on those statements?

I VERY SPECIFICALLY disagree with Vivek's narrow viewpoint regarding whether there is a gender spectrum, due to the brain structure variations I have posted about in other places. His attitude is the subtle kind of hatred that comes about when people disapprove of you simply because you are who you are.

Did you learn nothing from history regarding the Civil Rights movement of activism that revved up in the 1960s? Do you want to chastise blacks or Asians or Hispanics for who they are BEFORE you know of their character? Do you remember how race relations became divisive because Caucasians were slow to open up their attitudes and to be more accepting of other ethnicities? And do you see how our divided country is re-opening that old wound? What we do to blacks, Asians, Caucasians, Native Americans, Hispanics ... these are reflections of our inner character. To mistreat others is to expose our own weaknesses.

OK, there may be a fine line to tread here. But dismissal of another person's pain is probably not the best path to follow, even if you don't know what else to do. I learned a principle when playing tournament bridge a long time ago, but it applies to life as much as it applies to card games: If you don't know what is right to do, don't do what you KNOW to be wrong. Try something else instead.

I have no idea what you're talking about, as we weren't talking about mistreating anyone.
Once again, you can't argue with the merits of the topic so you pretend as if we are talking about bullying or harrassing people, which we most definitely were not.

But trying to confuse young children by influencing them to consider sex topics of any kind is definitely mistreating people! And should be illegal.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Let's consider something for a moment.

1. For most children who are molested when very young, what's the nature of the life-long harm?
Is it mostly physical?

A: Most definitely 'not'. In fact, in probably a majority of instances, there is zero physical harm. The harm is psychological. There are feelings of fear, guilt, shame, and mostly - massive CONFUSION.

So why do we punish people for, say, fondling or some kind of non-intercourse molestation? Do we punish them because the child was severely physically harmed and can barely walk? Not at all, because that kind of damage usually isn't even present.

In fact, in the cases of the very young children, many of them wouldn't even know they'd been molested unless someone told them.

The harm is in the mind - the emotions - the thinking - the beliefs - the confusion - the questioning - the "who really Am I??" that haunts them for years.

And that is why I think people who are pushing sex topics on children should be incarcerated if they refuse to stop after a warning.
They are producing a very similar, if not precisely the same, harm as is done to children (in essence), when they are molested.

The harm is about the same. Thus the punishment should be about the same.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have no idea what you're talking about, as we weren't talking about mistreating anyone.
Now you are being intentionally disingenuous or evasive. You know very well what I'm talking about.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Once again, you can't argue with the merits of the topic so you pretend as if we are talking about bullying or harrassing people, which we most definitely were not.

You are SO dense behind your religious indoctrination on the subject that you don't realize that suppression of gay rights as is currently occurring IS bullying and harassing them.

NO, I am not talking about "child grooming" - which I believe is a Liberal false flag anyway.

Book suppression on a SINGLE PERSON'S COMPLAINT. Making a stink over books that talk about non-conforming gender situations. OK, you want them age-restricted to middle school? I could see that. But outright bans? Someone can probably get a "freedom of the press" or "freedom of speech" action there. But do you know what Nazis did during the war? They burned books they didn't like.

Suppressing drag performances? They even occurred in Shakespeare's time. Women were not allowed on stage back then, so many plays had men with high-pitched voices playing the parts. Or boys, who were considered more feminine at the time.

Do you remember the stink that finally (and deservedly) arose around Hollywood's casting of Caucasians in black-face, yellow-face, red-face... until finally someone had the GUTS to cast black women in black women's roles? They cast Native Americans in Native American roles? And Michelle Yeoh was cast in an Asian role - for which she won an Academy Award this year? (Go, Michelle!)

Failing to see people as they are is a slap in the face to those people. Marginalizing and trivializing them is inexcusable, but the Religious Right would completely strip such people of all rights and the dignity of being themselves. But you don't understand that as bullying or harassing. I am truly sorry for you, Isaac, because on so many other levels you are a decent guy. But you can't seem to look at that part of yourself in the mirror.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Wrong, they do exist of course, which nobody has ever denied. That's their false flag. But, they just can't shove their ideology down other people's kids throats. That's why they're facing the backlash.. widespread...that they are.
And by the way, that backlash is growing, not shrinking, and it is absolutely not limited to religious people such as myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom