How the Bulk SMS Gateways are Made? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:55
Just curious to know how such a system is built? Is Any MIcrosoft Tool capable of making such a system currently available. How about Microsoft Teams? Can Microsoft Teams send an SMS? Possible?!! Currently having a requirement to just send SMS Messages from my custom made software. Decided not to go with the vendors. Possible by a single person's effort? If not the entire gateway atleas simple system to just send and receive messages. If Message reception (incoming Message) is not possible. Atleast possible to send a same SMS to a group of 4 people?

P.S:
Building a software for a Cab Hiring Agency. Whenever a booking is made. Need the following Messages to be sent (Only in SMS format. No other formats like WhatsApp/Skype/Teams)
1. Customer information and Pickup Location Details to the Driver.
2. Driver Contact Number and Vehicle Details like Cab Color, Number and Type.
3. Vehicle Number and Opening KM Details for the Manager.
4. Customer, Vehicle and Journey Details to the Owner.

Possible?

With Hope,
Prabhakaran

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:55
If not by Microsoft Teams or by Microsoft Outlook atleast...? I think I remember seeing an SMS account option in Outlook a Long back. Very Long Back. You know, the Office 2007 versions and around time...

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:25
you can via outlook - see this link

you'll need to find the @ part for whatever carriers your cabbies use. The examples provided are a couple of years old so may have changed (and many carriers are not represented)

Don't forget you need to limit your message to a maximum of 160 characters so you'll probably need to develop a form of shorthand for the messages

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom