How to change the Case of the contents of a bookmark in word (1 Viewer)

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:32
This may not be the forum for the above question. But I running the merge in word via access

I simply don't know how to convert to UpperCase. e.g. I want the contents of BM70 to display in Upper Case

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 02:32
I would do it in the query source for the MM

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:32
I'm with Gasman. I also format my dates and money fields as well. It is quite easy to do with the query.

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
I have tried that and it works for 80% of the times I use it. It's the other 20% that I need to convert Uppercase to lowercase and then Caps.

Or I could leave everything in lowercase and convert the BookMark to UpperCase when I need to

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have tried that
What is "that" and what doesn't work? It is hard for us to help when we don't know what you are doing and what is wrong with the result.

You could also convert the data to Upper case in the control's AfterUpdate event or in the FORM's BeforeUpdate event. You CANNOT convert the data with a format. A format is a format, it does NOT affect what is saved.

Uppercase IS Caps so I don't understand that statement.

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I should have explained my self in a much clearer way.
I have a number of documents using BookMarks to insert text from a query.
Some of the BookMarks when used in some documents they need to appear in UpperCase but in other documents that are required to be in
LowerCase
If I use [BM70 \* Upper] and insert BM70 via BookMark option - the result is still in lowercase

I'm using Office 365

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 02:32
No idea as to how you are populating the bookmark, but a quick Google shows

I *think* the codes are for Mergefields?

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:32
Yes, the switches apply to Word mail-merge fields (as implied by the OP in the first post).
Cheers,

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is nothing sacrosanct about having a field occur only once in a query. You just need to map to the bookmark name correctly. Have you considered including two variations of the name in the query? One that is as the data is stored. The second is upper case.

emmawaston79

Local time
Today, 06:32
I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you want to use uppercase, it's easy: just select the text you want to change and press SHIFT + F3 until the case you want is used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom