How to clear the table links and re-esteblish them on Runtime? (1 Viewer)

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:17
Hi Guys!
Anybody knows how to clear the table links and re-esteblish them on Runtime?

Regards

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 11:17
Hi Guys!
Anybody knows how to clear the table links and re-esteblish them on Runtime?

Regards

I think you are referring to using the Access runtime verson where the user can not access the Link Table Manager. If this is correct, then you will need to use VBA code to do the relinking.

Here is just one example:

Relink Access tables from code

Also see:

Boiler Plate Database (Download link)
This is a moderately advance database that encorporates a number of functions such as 1) user logon 2) table reattachment 3) user tracking 4) how to control access via the use of modal switchboards and more. FYI: Username = admin; Password = admin.

hope this helps ...

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks HighTechCoach!

Here is the hole story what I want to achieve.

Actually I get Error 3043 whenever a server is interrupted for a while.

I have linked database on network with be and fe distributed applications. There is a function which checks for certain activity on the form timer Event and Updates the be.

Sometime Application gets the 3043 Error saying that there is network problem and that database needs to be closed and re-opend, which makes lot of hassel for users to close and re-open (to refresh the links) the Applicaation:

There is a chat panel I created for users, where they can directly chat with Admin (me) through the Work Order Application (they can send msgs and receive)
Admin can send msg to them individually or all users through the application and a popup form will appear on their screen telling them "You got Msg from Admin"
If they have any problem using the application,they also can send msg to Admin using the same form and Admin will receive their msg After 10 Second TimerInterval.

There are also some others tasks which timer form is doing like getting automatic backup of the database every day after 3:00 pm.

I will go through your provided links and will try to fetch the fruit. :)

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks
Dear HighTechCoach!

Relink Access Tables From Code is very near to my problem :)
It has lot of coding to understand, but let me go through whats happens?
its show ODBC coding also which is not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom