Question How to create a web based data enrty form in visual studio 2008 (1 Viewer)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
Well I don't really know what you are trying to accomplish, but in general on a web page, you would need to create input fields in a form. Then when the user submits the form, you do something with the values. If you are using ASP.NET, you could do<asp:textbox> fields, and then append the data to your database in the codebehind of your page upon submission.

cbrace09

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your reply Alisa!

I understand how to create the forms with controls for data entry, I just dont understand how to insert the value of each control to the specified table, or tables, with the click of a button.

as your said in your post....
"and then append the data to your database in the codebehind of your page upon submission"

How do I accomplish that? I have done some research regarding insert queries regarding grid view and detail view....am I looking in the right direction?

Should i be doing something like:

1. form submitted with button click
2. Code begind - get connection to DB, insert values to specific table, redirect user to a new page.

Would that be right?

THANKS!

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your reply Alisa!

I understand how to create the forms with controls for data entry, I just dont understand how to insert the value of each control to the specified table, or tables, with the click of a button.

as your said in your post....
"and then append the data to your database in the codebehind of your page upon submission"

How do I accomplish that? I have done some research regarding insert queries regarding grid view and detail view....am I looking in the right direction?

Should i be doing something like:

1. form submitted with button click
2. Code begind - get connection to DB, insert values to specific table, redirect user to a new page.

Would that be right?

THANKS!

Yep, that's how you do it. It is about 100 times more work than accomplishing the same thing with Access, but that's the web for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom