How To Display Date In Other Language In Report or Form (1 Viewer)

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:25
Hello Dear friends, I need your help!
I played with it, searched in the web, but without any results and goals.
So what I need....

As usual I use Date (Long Date) in English as default, because we use that standard at our office...
But there are some kind of reports to be generated with The date in other Language.
Is there any way or solution to change the date to other language (I don't want to change regional settings at control panel, because it will change whole the project date Language and will affect to other programs too).

Thank you In Advanced

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
I Use English Long date as Default For Example: Monday, October 10, 2011
But in some reports I need in some languages:
1. Default English: Monday, October 10, 2011
2. French: lundi 10 octobre 2011
3. German: Montag, 10. Oktober 2011
4. Georgian: 2011 წლის 10 10, ორშაბათი

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:25
Those kind of dates require locale information and it uses that information to determine the language pack to use for your date.

So if you want to do it without having to change the locale you will need to create your own table of values for each part of the date per country. Then map that to your english date.

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
vbaInet Thank You for The Reply...
I Searched it but cant find anything like that, Can you suggest where to find it (Maybe someone had the same task, but solved like you explained)
Thank You in Advanced

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:25
What I mean is you could use a lookup table for the numbers 1 to 31 and the months January to December for each language. You will also need the same for day names, i.e. Monday to Friday. Then you will need to think about short day names and short month names. There's so much to consider for this sort of conversion. It's not a small job.

Or the simplest (but not the most effecient) solution is to build a table of these dates in every language. They are going to be really huge tables.

There's no easy way around this.

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
I See vbaInet
They are going to be really huge tables, because I have to make about 5 calendars in different languages......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom