How to do multiple columns on a report (1 Viewer)

bpd

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:22
I have a table with 4 pieces of info that I need to display on a form:

Watchstation
Name
Qualstatus
Watchsection (1 or 2)

I would like to have my report formatted so that there is a split-screen (vertically) (like you can do in WORD). In the left column I want to list everyone in section 1 and then list everyone in section 2 in the right column (as such):

.......................................... (Section 1).......................(Section 2)

Station name1: ............. Name1...Qualstatus #1.........Name3..Qualstatus#2
Station name2:.............. Name3...Qualstatus #3.........Name4..Qualstatus#4

(had to put dots in for the spaces otherwise it all jams up left- don't need the dots in the report).

I would like to only have one instance of the watchstation name on the far left side as above, but I guess if I had to put it on the right side as well I could shrink the field to zero size so that it couldn't be seen. (to save space in width).

I just can't figure out how to do this in the report format. Any ideas? (Oh, I don't think just formatting the page setup for two columns will work. This would probably just run the info down the first column and then down the second column. I need to have the columns line up side by side with the same watchstation name.)

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:22
Try creating a crosstab query and using that as the RecordSource for the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom