• 43434.JPG
    43434.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 113

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:38
This looks suspiciously like a class assignment. If you had devised this structure yourself, you should know the answer because you would have built the tables yourself. Anyone who can build that complex a layout would be experienced enough to build the right kind of form.

Just to not blow you off completely, though, it is obvious you need a form that would let you select a particular exam, a subject, and a specific student. If you have those items selected, then one more text box would be needed for the grade itself.

SajidAmbar

Local time
Today, 13:38
No sir

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I can't reasonably send you a solution, I can only suggest that you use the form builder with control wizards enabled. This is a "Help" forum, not a "Do my work for me" forum.

In your application, you asked for data entry so what I might do is build a bound form based on your Marks_Entry table. On it put a combo box to select the student. Put another combo box to select the subject. Put yet another combo box to select a specific exam. Finally, one more combo for the Class ID. Then put a text box on the form to allow free-form grade entry. You can use the "standard" Access control bar at the left side of the form that allows you to choose when to save a new record. That would be my idea of the simplest approach.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
You need to fix your table relationships before anything. There should only be one way to trace a path between 2 tables. Between tbl_students and tbl_Classes I can trace 2 paths--one thru Class_Enroll and one through tbl_Marks_Entry. That is wrong. I think a lot of tables are related incorrectly.

tbl_students should be related to Class_Enroll
tbl_Classes should be related to Class_Enroll
tbl_Subjects should be related to tbl_Subjects

You should have a new table called tbl_Exams which is related to Class_Enroll

tbl_Exam_Type should be related to tbl_Exams
tbl_Marks_Entry should be related to tbl_Exams

This wil require adding/removing appropriate foreign keys from the new relationships in each table.

Work on that before moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom