Solved How to forbid user from altering records negligently (1 Viewer)

yunhsuan

Local time
Today, 17:56
Hi,
The data in forms is easy altered negligently. Is there any method to restrict all the records in detailed region edited?
I think that the button can be create to activate the function of editing. So that, the function of editing records in detailed region would be locked until click this button.
But I do not know which function I can use, please give me some suggestion.
Thanks for any suggestion!

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 04:56
What's that saying--You can try an make something idiot proof but they keep making people better and better at being idiots.

So my first suggestion is it isn't worth the trouble. Educating, warning and threatening users is far more efficient. After that you can make an unbound form which requires the user to explicitly click a 'Save' button. Or you can set the locked property to true and enabled property of each control to false and a button that switches those values when clicked.

Again though, this won't prevent 100% of errors.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:56
To restrict editing a record on an ordinary single-record form, you would use the Form.AllowEdit=FALSE option - which would lock all data on that form. But your description makes me think you might be talking about something else.

Please try to be more specific with what you mean by "editing records in detailed region" because the key to your answer will be how to identify which records are IN this "detailed region."

The trick will be in two parts - identifying the records in question and the button-click mechanism that you implied would be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom