How to graph with same X value and multiple Y values (1 Viewer)

laxster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
Hi all,

I'm not quite sure how to graph this, since Excel keeps throwing back errors at me.

All the values at the top are X values - 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc.
Each value below the X value should be a Y value.

What I want to do is graph each of these values, so in the current example I'd have a scatter plot with 1,0; 1,-8; 1,-53; 1, -52 etc. This should be carried out for each of the X values.

Is it possible for me to graph this without manipulating data? Or is that a pipedream? How do I accomplish what I am trying to do? I don't normally play with the graph features of Excel that often, so I'm slightly befuddled.

Attachments

• How to graph.jpg
    How to graph.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 287

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
when you select data like this, I believe what's going to happen is that the chart wizard is going to plot the data series as the rows under your header row. so for your second 'row' of data, it's going to put something like 'series 1' in the legend representing the entire row and plot all the points from that row against the y axis, which should be the top row like you want.

If I am accurate with this description, all you may have to do is change the chart data (or the y axis) properties and specify the data under the headers as y axis series instead of what it calculated by default.

I am not sure if this is possible, but it's worth a try!

laxster

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately, when I try this I get errors kicked back at me stating that the reference must be for a single cell, row, or column. Difficult when I have multiple of Y values, and only one of X.

Any other thoughts? There must be a way to do this! I can't imagine how some people plot so much scatter data otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom