How to save money on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:46
Just a tip for those who buy stuff on Amazon, which is probably everybody!

Go to camelcamelcamel, enter in the "ASIN" of the product, and then check the price history. Sellers often change price over time. If you are patient, you can wait until the price is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Example of a fan I am looking at: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07BKX2Q8V

1597151677192.png

You can see that the price is on the high side right now. I will wait until it comes down to something more reasonable. You can sign up to camelcamelcamel to get alerts for price drops.

As an Amazon third-party seller myself, I can tell you that when stocks get low, sellers often hike the price. If not, they will run out of inventory and so try to maximise profit before they do so. It slows sales and increases margins, and this can sometimes stop you going out of stock at all. I had a friend a few years ago who hiked his price from about $18 to $50 something. He was still getting sales, although they definitely slowed!

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:46
Cheers Jon,
Though if you need the product there and then, not much you can do about it.?
Handy if you can hold on though, as you can at present.

The other week when my hard disk went, I just looked for the closest to home and in stock (which was Currys), and just went and got it. If it had been £10 or £20 more I still would have paid it, just to get it in my hands. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom