How to suppress generic Access message box (1 Viewer)

azzurri

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:21
Recently I had been working on the database for monitoring outstanding payment. One of the feature is that it enable to printout Reminder Letter to customer on outstanding payment. I had assign a code in the Close event procedure of the Report (Reminder letter) that will run the Update Query on the source table that contain field name Reminder Date that is actually the PC system date. So if a reminder is printout today, on close, the field will be updated with today date through manipulation of the Update Query. This will eliminate the need to update manually that field and I no longer bother about forgetting to update the field for future reference to check the date the Reminder letter had been sent out. However, I would like to suppress the generic access message box when the Update Query run when the report (Reminder letter) and replace with a custom message box that will read more or less like this "13 reminder had been generated" if 13 reminder printed out. I had managed to suppress the Update Query message box by unclick the Action Query checkbox in the Option menu of the Tool menubar but do not know how this can be done by assigning code that will both suppress the default Update Query message box and popup the custom message box.

Any sample code on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

R

Rich

DoCmd.SetWarnings False
MsgBox" You have issued a reminder number" &" "& Me.MyIDField
DoCmd.SetWarnings True

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:21
Or to turn off all warnings on action queries, I quote from the help files:

You can turn confirmation messages on or off for record changes, document deletions, or, in Microsoft Access databases, action queries.

On the Tools menu, click Options.

Click the Edit/Find tab.

Under Confirm, select or clear the appropriate check boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom