How to vary field widths in a default SPLIT form (1 Viewer)

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:20
G'day,

I am running Access 2003 and have created a split form using one of the std form options. The file it is querying has about 20 fields per record.
The split form that is generated has four columns of 10 fields each.
e.g.
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4

Employee Fred Smith Weekending 24-June-2013
Age 25 Hourly_Rate $30.00
Normal_Time 24 Sick_Leave 8
Vacation_Hrs 8 Total_Hrs 40
etc
etc
Field10_Name, Field10 Contents, Field20_Name, Field20 Contents

When I view the form generated, some of these fields are too narrow and others are too wide.
I would like to make the width of the fields various widths.
But if I try to widen one field in the column all fields in the same column are made the same width. It appears as if they are multiply selected. Is there any way of selecting a single field and varying the width without impacting fields above or below it in the column?

Thanks in advance,

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 15:50
Your text is not clear. Paste a picture of the datasheet part. Because you have less than 10 posts, you need to zip it.

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Hi SpikePL,

I have uploaded 4 screeen shots. The first shows what I have so far.
If I decided that I would like to leave the width of the employee field as is but narrow the field width for fields such as
Current employed, NormalTime, TimeAndHalfreduce inclusive down to field EquivHours I switch to Form Design View I get the second screen as shown in picture 2.
If I try to narrow the width of say NormalTime all fields in the column narrow. Therefore the Employee field gets truncated
I want to be able to edit the widths of each field independantly to the others.

Attachments

• Doc1.zip
    656.6 KB · Views: 120

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:50
The option to ungroup is on the Arrange tab.

HealthyB1

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Pat,

I use the group and ungroup often in Visio. I did not know it existed in Access!
Also even after you told me the answer there is nothing to show the group and ungroup feature unless you hover over the buttons. Once again Many thanks for all your help.

FWIW I came back and revisited this again tonight and discovered that I really need to "REMOVE LAYOUT" to free these columns up to be independent from their next row down.

Cheers,

Bob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom