Hyperlink color in Form (1 Viewer)

N1234

Local time
Today, 18:43
Hello again!

I have hyperlinks on a table (datatype = hyperlink) that have a default font color of orange pre-click, but a font color of blue after click. The problem is that when a row is selected. the cells also turn blue, which makes the already clicked hyperlink text impossible to see.

Is it possible to change either the hyperlink text color after click or change the cell color of the row selected from the default blue to another color?

I have tried:

Hi Nikki

Go to Design View of the Form that Contains the Hyperlink Control.

Select the Control and then in the Property Sheet - select Fore Colour

Click on the Elipse at the end of the Row (...) and choose the Colour you need

While I was able to change fore color in the design view, but for some reason, once I switched to the form view, the previous color remained.

I posted two screenshots. The Hyperlink is green (changes when I use different pc, idk why it's blue on the other PC) even though I set the color of the hyperlink control in the form from green to red.

Nikki

Attachments

• Hyperlink 2.JPG
    Hyperlink 2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 526
  • Hyperlink 1.JPG
    Hyperlink 1.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 513

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:43
The problem of different colors for different computers MIGHT be in the chosen Windows theme, which contains its own scheme for hyperlinks. Were the same themes chosen for both computers?

If I'm right in my guess as to what is going on, you can verify that the hyperlink is following system colors by picking a different theme on one of them and seeing if that changes the behavior. I'm not sure that I recall that there is a color scheme for a "selected" element vs. not-selected. In the older versions of Access, I don't think there was such a thing. Unfortunately, all I have is an older version of Access so this might be hard to troubleshoot.

N1234

Local time
Today, 18:43
The problem of different colors for different computers MIGHT be in the chosen Windows theme, which contains its own scheme for hyperlinks. Were the same themes chosen for both computers?

If I'm right in my guess as to what is going on, you can verify that the hyperlink is following system colors by picking a different theme on one of them and seeing if that changes the behavior. I'm not sure that I recall that there is a color scheme for a "selected" element vs. not-selected. In the older versions of Access, I don't think there was such a thing. Unfortunately, all I have is an older version of Access so this might be hard to troubleshoot.

Hi Doc,

The same themes were chosen for both computers. It is interesting because I have multiple columns with hyperlinks and each computer has its own colors (all purple text on one pc and all orange text on the other). I want to ensure that the color remains static on all computers and can be seen clearly when clicked (goes from orange to blue on one PC, which makes the text hard to see).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom