Hyperlinking an entire column to another sheet (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Yesterday, 21:22
I am trying to link a whole range of cells to another range of cells in another sheet within the same workbook. I tried following https://superuser.com/questions/452742/copying-a-hyperlink-so-that-it-works-with-a-series and ended up using the formula
Code:
=HYPERLINK("#"&ADDRESS(ROW(A3),COLUMN(A3), 4, 1, "LSOC"),LSOC!A3)
but it seems the reference still remains absolute in the sense that after I drag it down the column, all cells still link the the same cell in the other sheet rather than smartly adjusting to keep descending down the column.

What did I mess up? The boss is adamant that the cells have to link back to the originating data, and while I could go line for line correcting the references, its is several hundred lines so I would prefer not to.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:22
Is your source a named range or a table?

Another approach would be to simply copy the contents to a hidden column in the same workbook, then apply the hyperlink formatting?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:22
use the 3rd answer in your link.

arnelgp

Local time
=HYPERLINK("#LSOC!A"&ROW(A3),LSOC!A3)

tmyers

Local time
Is your source a named range or a table?

Another approach would be to simply copy the contents to a hidden column in the same workbook, then apply the hyperlink formatting?
Source is just a column in a basic sheet. I am putting the link in a table however if that that matters. So I am linking the table to a basic sheet.

arnelgp

Local time
that is strange, see my xlsx

Attachments

• BOOK11.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 361

tmyers

Local time
I cleared the contents of all the cells in my table I am trying to link out of and redid it and it worked. Not sure what was messing it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom