Hyphens in the Social Security Field (1 Viewer)

Mechele

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:16
I have a prepopulated table [EmployeeTable] in access with social security numbers with the hyphens included. The field is EmployeSSN.

I've created a form [SelectForm] where I ask the user to type in their social security number in the socialsecuritynumber field.

Then I created a query [SelectQuery]that includes employee name and employeessn fields in the query. In the query, the employeeSSN field has the following statement: =[Forms]![SelectForm]![SocialSecurityNumber].

Once the query finds a match, another form (PersonalForm] show the user's personal information.

If the user type in their social security number and include the hyphens, the second form [PersonalForm] opens showing the employee's information. If the user doesn't include the hyphens when typing in their social security number in the first form [SelectForm]; the second form, PersonalForm, opens with a blank record.

How can I get around the user having to put in the hypens or give the user a choice to either include or not include the hyphens as long as they type in 9 digits?

casey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:16
Put the following into the InputMask for the SSN field
000-00-0000

The hypens will be added automatically!

I hope this helps.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom