I just cant get it..... (1 Viewer)

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
Here what I hope to acomplish.
I have a DB with 3 tables in it that have forms to add/modify data. These tables are.....

tblTourny
tblDiv
tblMem

They have a one to many relationship in that order (1tourny - ManyDiv / 1Div - 10Mem&Rank)

What I need to do is create a fourth table to house the data from these relations and a simplistic form setup to allow for the data entry. Heres the catch - there can be MISC data for both the Div and Mem tables.

I have attempted cascading combo boxes, but that didnt work out. I attempted a subform structure that I couldnt get straight, and now I am working out multiple forms but am failing in passig the selections from one to another.

Can anyone out there "see the error of my ways"? Any and all suggestions/criticisms are welcome. If someone could point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.
Note: I have searched these forums for "tournament", "variables", "passing variables", and a few others. I have found some ideas, but not quite what I was hopeing for.

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:59
Can you post the db that you have so far? I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are trying to do. I *think* what you need is two more tables. One to the store the TourneyDivision info and another to store the DivisionMember.

Here's what I would do (if this is what you are trying to accomplish).
Create a tblTournyDiv with fields:
TournyDivID (autonumber)
TournyID (same data type as the unique field from your tblTourny)
DivID (same data type as the unique field from your tblDiv)

Create a tblDivMem with fields:
DivMemID (autonumber)
DivID (same data type as the unique field from your tblDiv)
MemID (same data type as the unique field from your tblMem)

I started trying to explain how to create the form, but realized that I should test it first. I would be happy to help you get the right framework set up for the form, but it would be alot easier for me if I at least had an idea of your table design and some sample data.

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
Sorry about the delay in the response. The holidays really tied things up and I couldn’t access the forums from home.

Here is what I have so far. I know the setup needs further tweaking, and FORM 1 will not be the actual name. What I am looking at completing is when they select MISC, a sub form will appear to allow for the entry of the MISC data. Once they complete this form, the NEXT (or whatever) button will trigger code based on their selection within the array. If MISC is selected, then the data will be dumped into MISC table and kept temporarily. The next form (not developed yet) will allow the user to select members (or add misc competitors) and give them a ranking (1, 2, 3).

See if this gives a better view of what I am going for.

Attachments

• Ex.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom