IF(ISBLANK...) on Multiple Cells??? (1 Viewer)

XLEAccessGuru

XLEGuru
Local time
Today, 08:42
Hello all,

I am trying to write a conditional formula that will insert certain text in a cell if one or more of four other cells have a value in them. Below is my formula that's not working. I've tried several variations, none have worked.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

What I want is the text "Create New" in cell A3 if there is a value in B3 OR F3 OR L3 OR K3.

Current (non-working) Formula:

IF(ISBLANK(B3),"",IF(ISBLANK(F3),"",IF(ISBLANK(K3),"",IF(ISBLANK(L3),"","Create New"))))

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!!

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:42
Okay, use this:

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(B3),ISBLANK(F3),ISBLANK(K3),ISBLANK(L3)),"Create New","")
________
GL1100I

Last edited:

XLEAccessGuru

XLEGuru
Local time
Thanks a ton! It works, but there's one more problem... it only works in a new workbook, not the one I want it to work in. The one I need it to work in displays the actual formula text instead of the result of the formula.

Any ideas?

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:42
Try hitting CTRL + ~ and see if that resolves it. (It is a toggle, so hit it again, if formulas appear rather than results.)

If not, sometimes, you will have to replace that cell with a blank one somewhere else. Put the formula in another cell somewhere, and see if it works. If it does, drag and drop that cell over the current one to replace it.
________
Buy silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited:

XLEAccessGuru

XLEGuru
Local time
Thanks Shades! I wound up having to copy a blank cell from another workbook into all the cells in that column, and then enter the formula and reapply the formatting I had on those cells.

This happened to me once before. I still haven't quite figured out why it happens, but it seems the only way to resolve it is to paste a clean cell over it and start from scratch b/c the CTRL + ~ doesn't do the trick.

Well, thank you very much for your help. All is well now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom