If Then Else (1 Viewer)

mr_fish

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:03
ok, getting closer to the problem. If the combo boxes are unbound it works, if they are bound the underlying table I'm trying to put the data into it doesn't.

This suggests I'm doing something wrong with combos.

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
Hi,

I've replicated your problem with bound comboboxes. You need to reference the field to which the combo box is bound. Once a selection is made the data is stored in the field. No selection = no data which means a msg to the user.

HTH.

If IsNull(Me.MYFIELDNAME) = True Then
StrErrMsg = "Please Select a JOURNALIST!"
End If

etc..

R

Rich

Why not just make the fields required and save yourself having to write reams of code ?:confused:

mr_fish

Registered User.
Local time
RICH, the reason I don't use field required is because the command button launches a subform that is linked to the table in a 1 to 1 relationship, only when certain criteria are met.

I think I've solved the issue, in table design when you select number field type and integer, Access automatically puts a 0 in the default field value (how kind of it). When I selected any of the combos, the other fields on the record became 0, so the fields being tested were neither empty or null. Very annoying and very simple problem....you live and learn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom