I'm a Bigot! (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
Well then move over my fellow Trans-Phobic brother...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 16:27
Gee, I guess I am too.

But don't worry, some overzealous liberal will post something here that they dug up from the ancient Egyptians time that proves there were two Egyptian transgender people too. And maybe even a sea turtle in the Galapagos that appears to be trying to change the color of its shell.
Never mind how species reproduce, those little bits of evidence will be all they'll need!

Move on to the next fad.

I enjoy the exercise of stepping back and seeing this from the big perspective.
Imagine you're living in the twenties and thirties and contemplating the arrival of women wearing shorts and pants. It seems revolutionary to you at the time, and it is pegged as the ultimate freedom for woman kind in the eyes of the people back then.

Fast forward a few decades, and the fad is now reversed, walk into any women's clothing store and it's all about wearing little dresses once again.

Nothing under the Sun is new, but all fads seem new and exciting and rebellious for a little while. The over-energetic folks will always gravitate toward the things that seem rebellious and provocative at the time. Eventually something new will take its place.

Can't imagine what that will be next and not sure I want to.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:27
To be honest, I had a couple of strict dating rules, too. My rules were that my partner had to be (a) biologically female and (b) of the same species as me. I didn't really care as much if she LOOKED like a horse as long as it was a good ride. But back then, working on Bourbon Street as I did, I got propositioned more than once by someone whose voice was deeper than mine - and I'm mid-baritone. It was worse for our trumpet player, because he had "educated lips." But the thing is, back then there was this understanding, and I'm told that this hasn't changed. If you told someone that you didn't "go that way" then they would shrug, say "your loss," and continue prowling for the evening.

I didn't have a racial hang-up, and in fact there was a beautiful black woman with classic Ethiopian features in our mechanical drawing department at my first job. She was engaged, but if she had not been engaged at the time, I might have made a play.

Some of the temple "virgins" from ancient Egypt, Rome, and Greece were trans wannabes. Didn't have such good surgery back then, but they had plenty of makeup. In fact, ancient Greece didn't consider homosexuality as sinful. There were some serious negatives about general sexual violence in that time period, but it was not unusual to see a same-sex union.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:27
Ray Jessel made a funny ditty about it:-

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:27
I remember Ray Jessel, may he rest in peace. He died before he could continue with the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom