Import Specs: getting only the one I want (1 Viewer)

A

AccessGuru1

How can I select the import spec (from an old database) that I want to import (into a new database) and ignore the other import specs so I don't have to go into the new database and delete all the 'junk' specs?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 08:58
Go to File / Get External Data / Import and then browse to the database you want to get the import specs from.

Once you click on it and open the import dialog, be sure to click on the OPTIONS button that is on the dialog.

It should drop down and give you the option of checking a checkbox for Import Specifications (as well as Relationships / Menus and Toolbars).

I haven't tried importing without selecting any other objects but it may work without. If not, then just select another object and delete it from your other database when you are finished.

OOPS, sorry, I missed the point of this as you didn't want ALL of the Import Specs. For that I don't know. Sorry!
BL
hth

[This message has been edited by boblarson (edited 01-11-2002).]

jesseb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:58
if you have all the junk specs somewhere in a table then run a query in the old database to get the right specs out and then import that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom