Importing fields with text qualifiers (1 Viewer)

B

Bisleycat

Hi

I am importing, from a financial package, a csv file which uses within each record commas as fields delimiters and " "as text qualifiers.

However within some of the text fields being imported (description fields) the users have put " " around certain phrases in their descriptions.

Each time my import hits one of these instances it stops importing that record and skips to the next.

How can I overcome this? Thanks in advance

shay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:29
Hi

Do you have any control over the way the data is exported from the financial package? If you can, use ' as the text qualifier. Otherwise, I think you've got a problem!

shay

B

Bisleycat

Thanks Shay - I would bet that would work other than for the fact that users have used the ' mark within text as well - but luckily I have been able to influence the report via the developer and have him "double" the speech marks within the text field (i.e. wherever he found a speech mark within a field put an extra one alongside) - Access is then able to cope perfectly.

Otherwise I was definitely running out of ideas (other than disabling the speech marks key on the users keyboards!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom