Impressive Access You Tube Videos (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:05
Not sure which forum to post this and I may have done so before now

There is a series of three 3 You Tube videos by Aleksander Wojtasz which are extremely impressive.
They show examples of Gantt charts in Access with drag & drop capability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIz50WHnzOw&list=PLqNT5KobDUdNuVrEPMriydMnV--6omDh8

These are obviously examples of commercial products so unfortunately no code to explain how he does it

NOTE: All subtitled so no need for sound and his taste in music on the second video is terrible.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I have a sample of one of these if anyone is interested.
And yes very impressive, and not expensive if you need the functionality.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've seen the code that does that somewhere? I'll keep an eye out for it....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Minty/ Tony

Yes please to both of you

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:05
ChrisO had some really nice examples of drag/drop resizable (drag) rectangles on forms in an code archive post over at UA (he might have had them here as well, not sure). Looks like a very similar concept, except in the videos it's as if they're constrained to a grid. I think - going off memory a number of years old though - that the example's Chris had were capable of similar: I remember seeing a trucking schedule laid out accordingly. Not quite a Gantt chart, but not far off either.

http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1386144&hl=

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:05
NOTE: All subtitled so no need for sound and his taste in music on the second video is terrible.

Two things I hate about technical YouTube videos:

When the fire up notepad and start writing, and the 1980's techno music.:banghead:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Two things I hate about technical YouTube videos:

When the fire up notepad and start writing, and the 1980's techno music.:banghead:

You're being a cheerful chappie again today I see! :D
1. Those videos aren't 'technical' - no code
2. They are subtitled - turn the sound off

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
You're being a cheerful chappie again today I see! :D
1. Those videos aren't 'technical' - no code
2. They are subtitled - turn the sound off
Yeah, I mean in general. Someone say from Sir Lanka is giving a tutorial about SQL. Out pops the text editor and the campy music, zero voice over. Or there is a voice over and you're wishing for the campy music.

BTW I'm always cheerful, it just doesn't come across in text. :p

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
If you want a really good laugh, the WYSIWYG Web Builder site has a lot of tutorial videos, a number of them are done by an Indian lady who might be very good but you cannot really tell because within a few seconds her baby starts crying.

The longer the video the worse it gets as the baby seeks attention and on some of them you cannot hear anything over the baby screaming:D

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
My dog (see pic) has the clever strategy of barking loudly when I've almost completed a video for you tube thereby wrecking the whole thing..

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
We have a site that does a training video now again where we all join the session.?

His dog does that as well. :D

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
In some of my early videos you can hear "Rocky" our our cockatiel in the background. He could say Rocky Rocky Rocky!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've also got a police car siren in one, seems to be a regular feature in videos, especially ones from India for some reason.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The most annoying mistake is when you've nearly completed a Long video and you realise that you've had the mic turned off all the time!

aaronkempf

Local time
I detest watching stuff like that on YouTube. I mean, to ME, I would much rather read about it than watch a video. I can READ about someting while I'm watching a video about something entertaining like Bebe Rexha or something similiar.

I never really understood why the idea of watching a VIDEO on 'how to do XYZ' was such a revolting thought. but then I stumbled across something a couple of weeks apart that said: 'Because Programmers are above-average READERS they frequently would rather read a blog article than watch youtube'.

and for specifics. I can't SEACH on a youtube video for the word 'Silent'. I mean, I have all SORTS of browser automation tools that can go through my web history automatically and pinpoint where I read the word SILENT in the past 3 hours.

But not in youtube. I'd have to sit there, and wait. pretending to be doing something important, and impatiently wating for the word 'silent'.

I just hate youtube. More than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom