imprting file with oldest date (1 Viewer)

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:36
second bit first - If d = "" Or f = "" Then... or If d = "" And f = "" Then... rather than c style.

For the declarations you'd end up with
Code:
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private Const strFilePath as String = "\\capt_kirk\conversion\data\caa" 
Private strFileName As String

that is, it goes above any of the procedures in the module but, normaly, under the option statements

jesus_hairdo

Registered User.
Local time
brilliant, thanks a lot.
by jove i think i've got it.

Thanks very much for all of your invaluable help, it is much appreciated. I hope to bother you no more.

Jamie

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
don't be leaving already jamie, all boards could use some skilled coders like y'self. Come back , ask some A's answere some Q's. Experience of non-M$ languanges seems to translate to into VB etc far better than M$ translates into other langs. Don't be going so soon. If i helped u please give back to others. You already have far better skills than others asking here. A pointer to a help file is often enuff. If you'd bothered me i would have f'off by now, if i've been able to help you then WOOHOO
, that's the only reason i visit this board, if no-one said thanx and there weren't better than me here then i'd be long gone. thanks for the interesting q it reminded me of stuff i don't use too often and seems to have answered another q in the last few days.

thanks Jim

Drew

jesus_hairdo

Registered User.
Local time
oh don't worry i 'll still be on the boards. All i meant was that i think i have it sorted.
Given that i've only used vba for 3 days i'm not sure i'm in a great position to help people, but if i can i certainly will.

cheers
Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom