In Report Grouping, how to first list the matching relationship, and then sort others (1 Viewer)

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:16
[SOLVED] In Report Grouping, how to first list the matching relationship, and then

In Report Grouping, how to first list the matching relationship, and then sort others

Ok as some background to this report:

I have 5 Marketers, each with their own Partnership zone(PZ). They have Companies within those PZs, and then POCs for each company. The report is currently set up to show all POCs to their companies, as well as POCs they may have that belong to another Marketers’ PZ. The report grouping is by Partnership Zone, then by Marketer, then by Company Name, then by POC Last. The button opens the report with the “Where Condition” as [PartnershipRSIDs**].[Partnership Zone]="Northeast" I’ve also attached a snapshot of the query to help provide more insight to the report set up.

What I’m trying to accomplish:
I need the report (that is already filtered by PZ) to list the matching Marketer (to the filtered PZ) first and THEN list other PZ’s POCs. I attached an image to help show what I mean.

Anyone know how to do this? Is it done through the Sort feature in the grouping area, or through the query itself maybe?? :confused: hmmm.... help please

Attachments

• queryrelationships.jpg
    queryrelationships.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 120
  • rptPZ POCs.jpg
    rptPZ POCs.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:16
I started playing around with varying features and figured out a solution. (Of course if you can think of a better one, by all means, please share!)

I created a sub report and placed it in the report footer area. I named the query the same as the main, but added _sub to it (to get the same info)... then in the query criteria I wrote:
Code:
 field: marketerPZ criteria: <>[Reports]![rptPZ POCs_Main].[mPZ]
and in the pocPZ I wrote:
Code:
 field: pocPZ criteria: [Reports]![rptPZ POCs_Main].[mPZ]

This code tells my report to not show all company pocs that belong to this marketer (since they are already showcased in the main report), but to only show those pocs who belong to the marketer, but that the poc company belongs to another marketer.

Phew!! I am shocked I figured out something that works! I'm so excited, woot! Now, please feel free to use for your needs as well. Merry Christmas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom