Inappropriate query type...? (1 Viewer)

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
I am the manager of one of the local football teams and as such provide a report every week of the results etc.

One of these reports is specifc to our team where it reports the following info by week for the season.

Date (of game played)
Vs (opposition)
Goals for
Goals Against
Player of Day
Goal Scorers
No of goals by scorer

All of this is entered in one form, with the POD and the scorers entered into individual subforms.

The report is based on a query which has the three tables linked by Date, and the feilds Date, Vs, For, Against and POD have the Hide Duplicates property set to yes.

So a given week may look like this

Date------Vs--------For--Against----POD----Scorer---# of Goals
28/06/03...Taradale.....3........0..............dh........dh...........1
...................................................................js.............1
...................................................................qm...........1

Now this has worked fine for me for a long time now until last weekend when our coach decided that the POD was the whole team, meaning that 14 players need to be listed under POD.

As you can imagine the query now has 14 different people listed for each goal scorer and it really has made a mess of things.

What I would like to know is is there another way of doing this query or any other advice to report this situation.

Thanks

dh

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Would it work if you had a player called All and when the coach wanted everyone to be POD you could select All instead of a single player?

Jack

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply Jack, to answer that question yes it would. :)

However :( I also have a report that has just the POD for the three competetions that we will be in this year.

So I just assign a point for the player when they are named POD and these are added up in this report. The person with the most points at the end of the season gets a trophy.

I thought about assigning no POD in this instance, but we actually have a squad of 16 and so it would be unfair on those included in this "team POD" not to get a point.

If worst comes to worst, I'll just remove the POD from the weekly report.

dh

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
I don't know how you have things set up but could you have a field for the point(s) and a Yes/No field for POD. You can give everyone, or no one, points but only check the POD box for the player that was in fact selected as POD. I am not sure that will work but it is the only thought that comes to mind....

hth,
Jack

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Jack, that is indeed a good way of going about it. I can then adjust the query for this report to show only those who were POD and leave the other report to add up the totals.

Thanks again. :)

dh

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
You are welcome. Continued success with your project...

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom