Incorrect display of data in continuous form. (1 Viewer)

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:31
I have been using a continuous form and using filters at header. When there is no data after search, combo filters also go blank and as per AllenBrowne site, this is a bug.

http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html

Update, May 2006: You can sometimes work around this problem by placing a text box behind the combo, forcing it to read the value of the display column. For example, if the combo is named Combo1 and the second column is displayed, set the text box's Tab Stop property to No and Control Source to:
=[Combo1].[Column](1)

I tried to use the suggestion by Allen Browne but could not succeed, does somebody have any idea.

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:01
Send a short example of your MDB, (access 2000 or 2002-2003),
and say what you want to do.

mahenkj2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:31
Thanks for your response.

Meanwhile I saw your response, I found some other way in this forum to filter a continuous form (strWhere method). I changed totally, so it seems little more work to make a copy back.

Anyway, what I did was as below:

I had a query as data source for a contnuous form and in the header, I kept three combo boxes. These combo were used as a filter for the form like below:

Make=forms!frmFilter.cboFilterMake and Color=forms!frmFilter.cboFilterColor and Status=forms!frmFilter.cboFilterStatus

Form's allowadditions, deletions were set to NO.
If there were any records available, there were no problems.
If there were no records to display, then after pressing which combo, there were no data, that particular combo goes blank.

If I press refresh or requery by some button, combo data display last changed data. It was not a big problem but user might confuse some time by thinking that he has nothing selected in the combo whereas there is something working on behind. In fact, there is no error in filtering.

As per link in my previous post, it seems to be something refreshing like issue.

I hope I am able to explain.

best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom