insert a group of records into table at once (1 Viewer)

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:59
Dear respected colleagues,
i want to insert a group of records into a table at once.
i have three tables i.e. Group, Member, Saving.
the relationship between tables is: group to member (1:M), member to saving 1:m and there is no relationship between group and saving.
every group has maximum 20 members, and every member does saving once every month. since the amount of saving of every member of a specific group is same. i want to have a query to run every month to automatically insert all primary keys of specified group's members, amount of saving and the date of saving in Saving table. (currently i am doing this job manually every month). and in case some member does not have saving, then i will manually change it to zero.
i hope i well explained the scenario.
thanks from your support in advance.

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
Dear Minty,
Still i am waiting for the solution.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:29
Post up what you have tried in the other thread - it may spark some response.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:29
Naqibullah,

From what I can glean from this thread and the one Minty shared, I THINK you are trying to force the other tables to have a matching PK record from the Group table, even if it is the only field that is populated.

Assuming I have that correctly, if you have a form with Saving and Member records as subforms - and the Master and Child links are set up correctly (PK Fields) - then ONE way to make this easy would be to choose one field from each table and assign it a default value in design view.

If that is not an option, making an update query to perform this should be easy - ASSUMING that I understand your problem correctly.

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
In the other thread that u have mentioned it, i found some non related solution. Then i thought may be i have not clearly explained my scenario. So i tried in this query category section.

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
NauticalGent,
Let my shed light a bit more on the issue,
First to tell u, my thread resembles payroll database, every month, all staff's salary is inserted in the salary tabletable using a function that will be either automacially triggered or manually, and companies will not enter every staff's salary one by one. So the same case with my problem. Currently i have a continous form, on the header, i have a unbound combo box which lists group, and on the form body, i have no. Of fields. One of the field is member table primary key which will updated based on the group id selected from header group combo box. So currently i select every member of a group then enter the saving then i go to new record i select another member, i enter saving amount and go to new record. This continues till all members' savings are inserted. All this data will be stored in saving table.
Hope i can clarified the issue

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:29
Naqibullah,

It's difficult to convey these things and takes a considerable amount of time. Is it possible to post a version of your project here?

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
Dear NauticalGent,
in this post i attached the light version of my project ( i deleted some some table, forms, reports and also data for the purpose of being light).
on the main switch board on database startup, please select incoming money, then the saving form will be opened.

Attachments

• 12.05.2016.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom