Insert a Wildcard into the Listbox (1 Viewer)

Randomblink

The Irreverent Reverend
Local time
Yesterday, 18:24
I have a three listboxes:

Listbox_1
Listbox_2
Listbox_3

They are on a form that lets me pull up recipes.

Listbox_1: Is populated with every style of cooking (Romanian, English, American, etc.)

Listbox_2: Is populated with the mealtimes preferred with these recipes (lunch, dinner, snack, etc.)

Listbox_3: Is populated with the names of the recipes, authors, and book taken from.

When you click on Listbox_1 you requery Listbox_2 and 3 to refresh them.

Clicking on Listbox_3 will bring that recipe to the screen.

So for instance. If I want to find an American dinner recipe, I would click on American in Listbox_1. This would now populate Listbox_2 and 3 with only those recipes and mealtimes that I have American recipes for. If I click on Dinner in Listbox_2, then only those recipes that were American Dinners would appear in Listbox_3. Once I select the recipe from Listbox_3, the recipe will populate my form.

What I am having a problem with is…Once I have selected a mealtime in Listbox_2, I can’t clear it! I want to be able to click on Dinner, then change my mind, and show ALL the recipes as if I hadn’t selected Dinner at all!

Is there someway I can put an asterisk in Listbox_2 so that the user can select the asterisk and Listbox_3 will repopulate with ALL recipes regardless of mealtimes?

shacket

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:24
What I have done similarly is put a label just below the listbox titled "Requery" or the like. I often make it dark gray or something that doesn't stand out. For the onClick event, I reestablish (or requery) the list box.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom