Solved Inserting data from a Form into a table (1 Viewer)

Goodspeed131

Local time
Yesterday, 20:14
Good afternoon all-

I'm attempting to created a Ticket System using a form connected to a Warranty table that pulls the data thru an ODBC to our ERP and a Ticket table that stores all the records I've created.

The way it is currently working, I can type in a serial number and it pulls the data from my ODBC connection and the Warranty table onto my Form which is great
and I have added additional fields which populate that data into the Tickets table.

Everything is saving as should except the Warranty data that auto populates on the screen in the Form.

I'm fairly new to using Access and appreciate any feedback.

The Ticket table has a Primary key of Ticket Number since it auto generates when a serial number is entered.

Thanks-

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
So what's the problem? I don't see it actually stated in your post

Goodspeed131

Local time
Data is pulling into my Form from the Warranty table when you type in a Serial Number but I need to also pull that data
into my Tickets table.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
You want to read data from one table, and then automatically insert it into another table as soon as it's read? That's not normal - something is wrong. Normally tables are designed so as to save any given bit of data in only one place.....with some possible exceptions, such as foreign key values

Goodspeed131

Local time
This is what my setup is currently.

The form is connected to an active ODBC backend table, the Warranty table that has warranty data and the contact information of the customer. So when the serial number is entered the Warranty data auto populates into the form itself.
Now additional fields are also on the Form that I created from the Tickets table, a generic table that I would like to record these specific fields and the data from the Warranty table.
The fields or columns on the Warranty table are not saving on the Tickets table.
Serial number which is primary key of the Warranty table does save on the Tickets table.
I even created columns on my Tickets table to try to link the data from the Warranty table to those.
Am I doing something wrong?
So data is pulled from a main source to display on the form but then I need the data recorded on my Tickets table.
I'm a Noob at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom