Interview nightmares (1 Viewer)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 03:04
Anyone else have to interview people for employment?

Seriously can not believe the recent turkey who showed for an interview. CV read very professional, however, in person the young person was rather rude and the way he presented himself came across very cocky. I expedited the end of the interview when he took a call on his phone rather then continuing to sell himself.
After the call he started on a monologue to try to negotiate a higher salary and different working terms, so I informed him he would not be hired for the position. He just stood up and rudely walked out.
Following day his mother called (no I am not joking) and started in on me about her son's self esteem being damaged by the job he should have gotten. I was speechless and just said basically "sorry, better luck at the next job he is seeking".
No one else on the team was smirking or snickering so I am sure that this was not a put on.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:04
Anyone else have to interview people for employment?

Seriously can not believe the recent turkey who showed for an interview. CV read very professional, however, in person the young person was rather rude and the way he presented himself came across very cocky. I expedited the end of the interview when he took a call on his phone rather then continuing to sell himself.
After the call he started on a monologue to try to negotiate a higher salary and different working terms, so I informed him he would not be hired for the position. He just stood up and rudely walked out.
Following day his mother called (no I am not joking) and started in on me about her son's self esteem being damaged by the job he should have gotten. I was speechless and just said basically "sorry, better luck at the next job he is seeking".
No one else on the team was smirking or snickering so I am sure that this was not a put on.

I thought I had done quite well :-(

RoryOk13

Local time
Today, 11:04
Cheesh! I'm surprised Mummy wasn't standing outside the office door!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:04
A whole generation has been brought up with the idea that the most important aspect of growing up is to protect the self esteem of the child. They were protected from every criticism and have no skills to deal with disappointment.

Tragic really.

No doubt it is now recognised as a specific disability syndrome for which employers must not discriminate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom