Introducing Tinuviel (1 Viewer)

tinuviel

Local time
Today, 09:18
Hi all,

My user name is tinuviel and I've just joined the forum. I live in central Scotland half-way between Glasgow and Edinburgh, and have been an Access user and developer for a number of years. I recently upgraded from Access 2000 to Access 2010 and have just started to recreate the database I regularly use on a new Windows 7 laptop. There are several problems already, which motivated me to join the forum. The main one for the moment is with three macros I use with the TransferSpreadsheet action - this transfers data on a specific spreadsheet and appends the records to a specified table. However, when trying to create the macro in Access 2010 this action is not listed in the drop-down list. I would be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

G37Sam

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:18
Welcome aboard Tinuviel,

Why not use VBA instead? It hasn't changed much since Access '97

If you can share what the Marco did I can convert it to VBA for you.

tinuviel

Local time
Today, 09:18
Hi G37Sam,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the late answer - I've been off on a few days break. I know a little VB but don't know how to go about solving my little problem. I've detailed the macro below - if you could translate it to VB code, that would be a really great help.

Macro - Archive Database

Transfer Spreadsheet TransferType - Import
SpreadsheetType - Microsoft Excel 8-9
Table Name - Archive
File Name - C:\SKF\SkfMaster\Archive\
SkfToBeArchived.xls
Has Field Names - Yes

This is followed by several OpenQuery commands which will still be the same.

Hope this makes sense - and thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom