Invalid win32 application (1 Viewer)

shadowraven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
Every time I create a shortcut to shomewhere on the internet i always get the Invalid win32 application message appear. whats causing this and how can i sort it out.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
I assume this is a url, so how are you creating it - the 'normal way' would be to right click and create new shortcut, then in the location box paste your url.
Doing it this way should ensure it gets associated with your default browser.

If it not associated with the correct app you might get this error (there will not be the Internet Explorer or Firefox (or whichever browser you use) icon used with the shortcut) .

You can of course manually set this by browsing to the shortcut in your desktop folder right clicking and choose open with > choose programme and select your browser and if you tick the always open with box that will associate any shortcuts of this type with your browser.

shadowraven

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:54
I am doing it the normal way. its got to go to espresso you see. This s a school im working in and Its bafeling me.

It's a website but it does this with every shortcut i create not just that one.

I'm on a CC3 network (community Connect 3) RM. if that makes any difference and all run xp pro op systems. Other users can access the site fine via a shortcut

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
Can you confirm the icon is valid i.e. it is showing the icon for your default browser.

Double check that Internet Shortcut is registered correctly, open (file) explorer and go to Tools > folder options > File types > scroll down to URL and ensure it Opens with "Shell Doc Objects and Control Library"
Then check under advanced > highlight open > edit and check that the Application used to perform action: is as follows:

rundll32.exe shdocvw.dll,OpenURL %l

If this is not the case to re-register open a command prompt and type (without the quotes)

"assoc .url=InternetShortcut" hit enter AND:
"ftype internetshortcut=rundll32.exe shdocvw.dll,OpenURL %l" hit enter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom