Is Access really capable? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 04:47
PowerApps could do the job if you're not working with big datasets
Sadly it gets exponentialy slower, and optimizing it is quite the nightmare
But if everybody has ms365 then you can work out a web based portal
Let's pull the mountain with our hair. If it comes then mountain otherwise just a Hair ;)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:17
I have three clients (100-200 employees) that each run their entire business except for an accounting package using Access applications.

If you don't have any development skills in any other environment, it will take you quite a while to learn the new environment and get up to speed. Even still, coding everything from scratch is a lot more work than using a RAD tool.

Divide and conquer. There is no reason to not create the back office application using Access which you claim to be fluent with. Then you can find a tool to use for the portal.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 04:47
I have three clients (100-200 employees) that each run their entire business except for an accounting package using Access applications.

If you don't have any development skills in any other environment, it will take you quite a while to learn the new environment and get up to speed. Even still, coding everything from scratch is a lot more work than using a RAD tool.

Divide and conquer. There is no reason to not create the back office application using Access which you claim to be fluent with. Then you can find a tool to use for the portal.
Even for a thirteen year experienced Ms Access Developer?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:17
By other development platform, I wasn't referring to Excel. I was referring to a web tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom