Is it possible to automate the following data input? (1 Viewer)

russiver

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:57
Can anyone please advise how I may be able to achieve the following?

The database in question is used to store info about members of a radio control model flying club.

I have a table (members) containing member’s personal details – names, addresses etc and a second table (club_membership) containing membership info in the Fields – year, membership_cat, insurance_cat. Each member has a record in the second table for each year they have been a member.

To simplify the renewal process (typically most members renew at the same time at our AGM) I would like to use a form which lists all members names with a check box (renew) which is checked if the member renews his/her membership. For every member checked I would like to automatically create a new record in the club_membership table for the next membership year (2007) by copying over values for the fields membership_cat and insurance_cat from their record for the previous year.

Many thanks

Russell

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:57
I would create a query to accept the KEY information from your form, and then APPEND the data obtaining it from the last existing record.
have to refresh your form before you can se the new data.
just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom