Solved Is it possible to search for gaps between records? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:56
With all respects, if it was me, I would like to see all my options and possibilities.
That's because you are advanced enough to understand that there may be more than one solution. Do you always evaluate all of them when multiples are offered or just stop when you find one that works? We'll see if the OP ever comes back or if this discussion has been too confusing for him to sort through. Don't loose sight of the fact that the people giving you your answers are all volunteers. In most cases, they are providing solutions for free that you will get paid for so just throwing out alternative syntax solutions that may or may not improve performance or ever be even considered is just a waste of time for most of us. Others think of answering questions as a competition and so will offer trivial alternatives in syntax.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:56
Why do you find it necessary to be snarky?

Suggesting a VBA solution as an alternative to a query is a paradigm shift. It is not a trivial alternative syntax so I was not referring to your contribution to the thread. I'm not sure why you think I am picking on you. If you have something to say to me, use a PM instead of bothering the other members.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
by all means show us, so we may learn from old people like you.

@arnelgp

I realise that in some cultures "Old People" are most respected and lauded for their wisdom, and I assume that is true of your culture, hence the unfortunate translation of your respectful comment. To be clear the translation comes over as rudeness. I would suggest in future, you use words such as expert, exceptional, high-calibre, superior, distinguished... To help you out, there's a list of synonyms here:- https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/distinguished

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:56
i am sorry mr.gizmo, but those synomyms will only apply to you (and probably to others).
but there are those that i will not let it go by.
the word i used is specific to those people who are disrespectful to the contribution of others.

post #13, what is this, she is now setting what to post and not to post?
If we know a solution will work, we don't need to keep offering alternatives

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
the word i used is specific to those people who are disrespectful to the contribution of others.

Well I was hoping for things to resolve nicely but it appears they won't..

All I can suggest is that you & Pat have a chat in a private message.

I know you both very well through interactions on the forum, and I am sure you both mean well, but there exists some sort of misunderstanding.

A chat should sort that out... Slogging it out in public like "Amber Heard" and "Jonny Depp" is not the way to do it!

Reactions: Jon
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
Yikes! That's all I'm going to say about what this thread became. At least I had some early morning entertainment to wake me up!

I ended up using MajP's original post, solely because it resonated with me the most and I knew how to implement it. As someone who only uses Access on occasion, it does become difficult to read through threads that use more advanced terminology. However, I also see the benefit of having input from multiple people who have different ways of doing things. Even if I am unable to use your suggestions, I'm sure someone down the road will have the same issue and a better understanding of what you are talking about.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in to help, this is a great community. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom