Is Navigation Pane and Property Sheet now grey in latest release? (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:29
Question
If you really think the dark theme is easier on the eyes, why don't you design your forms with a dark theme?

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 06:29
In that particular case, it was more of a hurry up and get it working kind of the project. I don't normally use the darker theme, it's just that the lighter theme has been now jacked up to the point that I'm forced to use it during design. I prefer the normal theme the way it was before this last update or before that grey colored properties window. No idea why they feel the need to break what was working just fine.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:29
I asked as I hate the various dark themes both before & after the latest tweaks. Those really do make my eyes ache

Mike Krailo

Local time
Well, now I'm confused. I have 2204 version at home as well. So I have no idea what is going on with my themes.
1651755847108.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maybe your home monitor is dying or it could be your video card. If you have a different monitor you can swap from an old computer, you might be able to isolate the problem.

Colin, I don't think anyone who uses the dark background does it for forms since it doesn't affect the theme colors applied to the forms. The issue with Windows and Office is that they only use children with perfect eyesight for usability testing. The problem is that the contrast between the fashionable gray text and the background is not strong enough. The smaller the font you use, the higher the contrast needs to be so the text needs to be much darker so people can see the nav pain (sic), the ribbon, and the properties dialogs.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:29
Maybe your home monitor is dying or it could be your video card. If you have a different monitor you can swap from an old computer, you might be able to isolate the problem.

Colin, I don't think anyone who uses the dark background does it for forms since it doesn't affect the theme colors applied to the forms. The issue with Windows and Office is that they only use children with perfect eyesight for usability testing. The problem is that the contrast between the fashionable gray text and the background is not strong enough. The smaller the font you use, the higher the contrast needs to be so the text needs to be much darker so people can see the nav pain (sic), the ribbon, and the properties dialogs.
If you can't see 50 Shades of White and 50 Shades of Gray, you shouldn't be using computers.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you can't see 50 Shades of White and 50 Shades of Gray, you shouldn't be using computers.
MS is just trying to get rid of the old fogies. We're the only ones who complain about Access or even use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom