Is this a bug or am I cracking up ! (1 Viewer)

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:06
I am working on a database created by another person - who has long since departed.

Most of the time its fine - but every now and again the cursor will play up when I am editing in the VBA code modules - the cursor just keeps back-spacing and deleting any spaces in the line I am editing.

If I go back and insert the spaces after typing the line, it allows me - but everything I type gives me a syntax error when first typed and non of of the help wizzards work because everthing comes out as one long word

(e.g.
DoCmd.OpenForm"Employees",,,"LastName='King'")

As anybody any ideas what might be causing it - It might be a bug or it may be an accidental keystroke that I'm not aware of. (Re-booting the PC usually sorts out the problem).

Help please its driving me mad !!!!

A real begineer

Registered User.
Local time
If a form or other item in Access is open at the time you are writing code, that has a timer function operating it causes this problem.

I found this problem to be fixed by, closing what I was doing, and opening the form directly in VBA code from the toolbar.

This problem only seemed to occur in debug.

R

Rich

Haven't pressed insert by mistake by any chance?

GaryC

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the tip about the 'Timer' - I think that is the problem ! Another Microsoft 'Feature' then...

And NO Rich its not the INSERT button!

Cheers !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom