Is this possible within Access 2003 (1 Viewer)

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Today, 05:17
Hi all..

Here is what I would like to do.....

I would like to know if you can create a "Title Bar". Mainly having a drop down with something to the effect of which form you would like to go to and then at the bottom of the list an exit..... Almost like a program.. Is this possible within access2k3? Or instead of having a button to move from form to form and exit.. have a drop down list, maybe a combo box??? Just seeing if anybody has done this..

R~

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:17
REIs this possible within Access 2003

You can do it by creating your own menu / Tool Bar have a look in the help to get you started and then post back if you have any problems

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Smart...

So this is possible?? I am looking in the help file within access and all I am getting is how to hide/modify the tool bars within access.. Nothing about creating one..... When I do a search say in google.. it gives me links for creating a drop down menu for a website...nothing for access... or it gives me the same type of info that microsoft is telling me.. Still looking thou..

Thanks
R~

Last edited:

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:17
I have attached some instructions on how to create a menu

Once created go to tools startup and choose your new menu from the menu bar drop down list and deselect the boxes below

Attachments

• To Create a New Menu.doc
    19 KB · Views: 116

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Smart...

Thanks but I think we miss understood what I am trying for.. I would like this type of dropdown menu on an access form....not within access...does this make sense...

R~

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:17
Yes, you can do what you want with a combo box. Use the AfterUpdate event of the combo box to perform the action based on the users selection from the combo box. Use a Select Case statement to determine what to do based on the users choice in the combo box. Search around for there are examples of using a select case.

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
ghudson

Thank you I will do a search for "Select Case".....

Thanks again
R~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom