Is this true (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
, 22:28

Is it true that modern day United Kingdom has this practice to put hair and body fluids in a bottle to ward off evil spirits??

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:28

Is it true that modern day United Kingdom has this practice to put hair and body fluids in a bottle to ward off evil spirits??

I wondered where my hair offerings would end up. But I think I made too many.

ebs17

Local time
Today, 07:28
Those who cultivate Haloween should hardly make fun of other people's superstitions.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 06:28
Not really surprised about this.
There are just so many crazy people about these days. Did you know that the Flat Earth Society's membership is rising year on year?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
, 22:28
Not really surprised about this.
There are just so many crazy people about these days. Did you know that the Flat Earth Society's membership is rising year on year?
That's interesting. I'm thinking that Society must simply have meetings/gatherings/events with either good tasting beer or good looking females.
In other words, something is drawing people other than the core belief.
Don't they only have to talk to someone who'se travelled around the world to dispel?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:28
Don't know about furniture, but some of my luggage may have gone the long way around a couple of times on business flights.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:28
Our furniture started out in Connecticut, we moved around the country a few times and ended up in Seattle. Some of our furniture got loaded onto a ship headed west across the Pacific to Kuwait. The rest of it went east by truck to storage in CT. We went by car to CT to say goodbye to the family. We left from JFK and crossed the Atlantic to get to Kuwait. Our stuff arrived 4 months later in Kuwait. No one mentioned that if we had our stuff wait to be loaded onto a ship carrying food, it would go to the head of the line at the other end instead of spending 3.5 months at anchor off shore before being unloaded. So, by the time our stuff arrived, we had replaced everything. There is only so long you can go without linens, undies, and cooking gear;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom