Issue with Word document as Access OLE Object! (1 Viewer)

snlodge

Local time
Yesterday, 20:47
[FONT=&quot]What I've done to this point...[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]created a ole object field called "document" within a table (Used to paste a word document in to),[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]created a tabbed form based on the above table,[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]The form has one tab completely devoted to the “document” field that contains all the automated settings except for the following…[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]Size Mode: Zoom[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]Ole Type Allowed: Embedded[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]Display Type: Content[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]If I double-click in this field the word document will change to editing mode and the document displays all pages correctly.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Created a report based on the Ole “document” field from the table through a macro from within the report, with the same properties as the form.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The problem…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In previewing/printing this report, only the first page is shown. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The question…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How do I get the access report to display all true pages of the embedded document? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]About me…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am a novice user with very basic VBA knowledge. I’m an end user with lots of experimentation.

Update...
I've been able to remove the three blank pages.

Answer...
As it turns out, an embedded OLE Word document is printed from the actual external program from within Access. The report that I made can only show a preview of the finished document. Thus, the only difference between an Bound & Unbound OLE Object, is that one is saved in a table and the other is not (consecutively). Both are edited from within the OLE form field and printed from within the external program.

Reference...
Because I have fewer then 10 posts I was not able to paste a link to this information for your individual review. So I put the link in the attached word document. It is always best help people to know were the information came from. So that way, I can be corrected and learn from my mistake.
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Reference.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

snlodge

Local time
Yesterday, 20:47
Other Information...
Automation was something that wasn't needed in my specific situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom