keyDown VBA code Locked me Out, please help. (1 Viewer)

buggdog

Local time
Today, 12:17
I hope someone can help me out...I Used the following code to lock my database startup properties. I initially used Key Code 191 so the unlock code would be shift + ?, but then I thought I would change it to shift + > which I thought was key code 62. Well now I can't get back into my database because the unlock code is not working.

Does anybody have any idea on how to do the key press 62 plus shift? I will lose a day and a half of work if I can't unlock this thing so it would be appreciated if anyone can help wi how to perform is key press.

Code used

private sub form_KeyDown (KeyCode as integer, shift as integer)
If key code = 62 and shift =1 then
EnableStartupProperties
MSgBox "Security Disabled", vbinformation

Thanks in advance!
Lou

buggdog

Local time
Thanks for the response.

I can't use the shift key because I disabled bypass Keys, breakintocode, etc.

The importing looks like it will work, but where do I put my password for the visual basic code import? It won't import certain forms unless I put in a password but there seems to be nowhere to put a password.

Thanks for any help.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:17
Try this to re-enable the ShiftBypass key. I got this years ago from UA and I think it was from Ricky Hicks although I can't find any attribution for him in there. At any rate it is not my code but I've used it before.

Attachments

• AllowBypassKey2k.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 168

buggdog

Local time
Thanks for the little program, I really got my hopes up but I came in this morning to work and tried it and it asks for a .mdb file and my database is a .accdb file. Is there anything like this for an Access 2007 database?

As far as the import solution, it seems like it would work but I need to import forms wiht password protected vba code. Which is fine since I know the password. I just dont know where to put it in to enable the import of those forms into the blank database during the import process. It tells me I need a password but there is no where to put it.

Thanks for any help.

buggdog

Local time
For the heck of it I tried changing the file extension to .mdb and the little program took it and successfully enabled the shift bypass key!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I had about 10 hours of work that I was going to have to replicate since my last back up so I am very happy.

I guess this episode ensures I backup a little more often now.

This forum has been such a valuable resource for me. While I havent posted until now, there really has been no need to because most of my questiosn have been previously answered. Thanks again for your help!

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom