Let's Go Sabres!!! (1 Viewer)

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
I know this should be in the Sports section, but I wanted to make sure it got the most viewing.

Hurray for my Sabres!! 2-0 against the Flyers in the Quarterfinals!! May they be able to keep this up and go all the way!!!

(In case you live under a rock, or in the UK :D , this is about hockey)

Lisa

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:32
I got excited when I saw the thread title because I thought you were talking about parachutes :eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
(In case you live under a rock, or in the UK :D , this is about hockey)
Oh hockey:rolleyes: I thought it was sword fighting. . . . . .hockey is what our schoolgirls play here:D ;)

Col

statsman

Local time
Colin - this is the stuff on ice not grass. By the way men play field hockey too (ask our Pakistani and Indian members).

I might be willing to follow the Sabres if they kept the same name for their arena for more than 6 weeks at a time (lol).

R

Rich

The last time I watched the Flames play they weren't allowed to fight for fear of getting sued, waste of bloody good money going to watch it:mad: :D

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:32
In the words of Rodney Dangerfield "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out".

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
statsman said:
Colin - this is the stuff on ice not grass. By the way men play field hockey too (ask our Pakistani and Indian members).
On ice? ah yes - I think I've seen the out-take where they break the safety glass in one match. I didn't know men play hockey, thats a bit girly isn't it? - needless to say it doesn't get much airtime on UK TV:D

Col

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
ColinEssex said:
I didn't know men play hockey, thats a bit girly isn't it? - needless to say it doesn't get much airtime on UK TV:D

Col

Yeah - girly. :rolleyes: Well, it's too bad you don't see it much over there, you're missing some good fights, eyes getting popped out, shoulder-to-nose concussion-making hits, perhaps even some blood!! Oh, yeah, and then there is the actual play.....;) :D

Lisa

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
you're missing some good fights, eyes getting popped out, shoulder-to-nose concussion-making hits, perhaps even some blood!!
Yep - definately sounds like the school I went to in Bristol:D

Col

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
Yep - definately sounds like the school I went to in Bristol:D

Col
Yes that's the problem with attending mixed schools, we men get to see how females behave in a group:eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Yes that's the problem with attending mixed schools, we men get to see how females behave in a group:eek:
and they're even worse when they've had a drink or two (well they are in Essex anyway):D

Col

statsman

Local time
John Big Booty said:
In the words of Rodney Dangerfield "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out".

I believe that was Henny Youngman's line

statsman

Local time
ColinEssex said:
On ice? ah yes - I think I've seen the out-take where they break the safety glass in one match. I didn't know men play hockey, thats a bit girly isn't it? - needless to say it doesn't get much airtime on UK TV:D

Col

Yes, they're too busy showing men in white throwing wooden balls at each other. Sticky Wicket eh wot

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
statsman said:
Yes, they're too busy showing men in white throwing wooden balls at each other. Sticky Wicket eh wot
Cricket is a gentlemans game:rolleyes: it can last for 5 tense days.:)

Col

ps - the ball is leather bound

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
there is that other girly american game called rounders oh sorry I mean baseball

he he he

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:32
statsman said:
I believe that was Henny Youngman's line

I believe that John is correct; Wikipedia amoungst other sources seem to back him at any rate!

Last edited:

statsman

Local time
Luddite Lad said:
I believe that John is correct; Wikipedia amoungst other sources seem to back him at any rate!

Henny's favourite line:
"I only steal from the best".

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
And so, my Sabres crush the Flyers in a fantastic display of hockey, and on to the 2nd round!!! Bring on the Senators!!!!!

Lisa

statsman

Local time
The Sabres are looking awfully good. They brushed aside a good Flyers team and barely broke a sweat.

I don't know if you're old enough to remember the last time the Sabres made the final. Pereault, Martin and the rest of the French Connection (Sabres were still wearing blue back then). I just remember the fog in the old "Aud".

statsman

Local time
Holy Toledo!!!! The Sabres beat the Ottawa Senators in five games. Could it be this Buffalo bunch are for real?

Sorry to steal your thunder, but I lived in Ottawa for a while. Who do the Sabres meet in the next round? I'm beginning to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom