Link Images! Great! Some questions for the experts. (1 Viewer)

J

johncarlgalang

My friends,

I am trying as hard as I can to learn Access. I am developing a database for my signage design business. I've been at it for about 5 days already. I know this question would be a piece of cake for the experts in this forum.

When one of my artists finishes with an artwork, he will save this as a jpeg file. I want him to upload it to the database via a form.

1. I would like to come up with a command button that, when clicked, will open a browser on the users remote computer and enables him to find the file to upload.

2. When this file uploads, I want it to be saved in another directory, outside the db, and then linked to a field within the db.

3. And I want this feature also for mp3 files.

Can any one help with this?

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
Yesterday, 20:26
This is definitely do-able. Search for FileDialog in VBA help in access. There are other ways, as well...I believe there's something in the Sample Databases section that will help.

prometro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:26
Hi Ghudson, I used your code and it is working well. I have one question for you and it will be perfect if you know answer!!! :
I did one form, which is (and must be) modal and pop-up.
There is a button which runs your code and opens BrowseFile dialog.
Problem is when I click behind this dialog window - it desactivates this window and it is problem. Do you know how I can set BrowseFile dialog to be modal and pop-up also? Thanks
Jiri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom