Link Master fields error (1 Viewer)

ycnan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
I am having a very frustrating problem similar to one brought up by Alma L.

I also have 2 tables linked by a 1:many relationship and have a form with a subform.

The error message I constantly get when trying to add a new record to the subform through the form view is:

"The LinkMasterFields property setting has producted this error: the object doesn't contain the Automation object 'tbl Monitoring Site'.

Both the main form is based on a multi-table query and the subform on a table. They are linked by a double primary key made up of MSiteID and SegmentID. The master fields come from two tables in the multi-table query.

I can't seem to get by this error to do anything else.
The strange thing is that I can add records through the table view that the subform is based on, but not through the subform itself.

The primary key's two fields are not included on the subform, but I've also tried including them and making them invisible, which doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas? I would GREATLY appreciate any help on this.
I am new to this, and don't have a whole lot of knowledge about VB.

Thanks...

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Today, 10:59
I'm just looking at your table structure and relationships.I think you have made your relationships too complicated.

The bit I am confused with is the relationship between tbl Riparian Segment and jtbl Live and also jtblDamaged.

I understand that each site can have many segments but where do the species fit in and what is the significance between jtbl Live and Damaged?

Attachments

• currymaster.gif
    currymaster.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 144

ycnan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
Thanks for looking at the database. You are correct that each monitoring site is broken into several segments. Each segment may have several different species, which is why I was trying to capture this on a subform of the Riparian Segment form. (In addition, each species may appear on several different segments, so it's many:many for species and segments.

tbl Live contains the species and corresponding information for each segment (and parent monitoring site).

tbl Damaged is similar to the species information. It's the basis of another subform (there are 3 for each segment) and contains info about the type of damage and extent of damage that can occur for each segment.

I think that a double key is necessary to identify the specific monitoring site and specific segment that a species is on.

However, I'm not sure why my linking is causing problems...
Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom