Linked Image in Subform (1 Viewer)

clf

Local time
Today, 05:37
Hi all,

Here we go! I have a form "map_data" with a subform "image_subform". The subform consists of an image box which I have configured to display a linked image which corresponds to the specific record that I am viewing. The subform works fine, as I move through the records, the correct image is loaded into the image box.

The main form shows a bunch of data about the image, and I inserted the subform so that the image can be displayed and so that I could zoom in and zoom out to the image. All of this works fine, except that when I navigate through the individual records on the main form, for some reason Access is loading each image 4 times. The image is displayed after it loads the first time, but then Access proceeds to reload it another 3 times. This tends to slow me down as I try to navigate through the records, and is also somewhat annoying.

I would appreciate any ideas that you could offer. If you need more details on how I have everything set up, just let me know.

Thanks!!

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
clf,

I don't know about the linked images but have a few questions.

How is your subform linked to your main form?
Do you have any code that does requeries?

I wouldn't expect that kind of behaviour if you used the
Master-Child links.

Wayne

clf

Local time
I have used a master-child relationship between the main form and the subform to link them. They are linked via a unique ID number for each record. I have not done any requeries either.

I'm not having a problem getting the correct image to display on the subform, it is just being loaded into the form multiple times.

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
clf,

Well just for kicks, make a copy of your db.

Remove the Master-Child links.

Base the subform on a query with the criteria:

Forms![YourMainForm]![YourKeyField]

Then use your main form's OnCurrent event to do:
Me.YourSubform.Requery

That should be worth a try. At least it'll narrow down the problem a little bit. At least it'll occupy some time until
someone comes along that has had the problem before.

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom