Linking just one Table (1 Viewer)

mr_fish

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:42
Linking just one External Table to many databases

I have created an Access database application that is stand alone for each account manager/client at our business except for one table that I want shared as a source of data across all separate databases that are created.

I've investigated automatic Database Splitting and this works, except I only want the one table to be split and the others remain unique to each database.

I tried exporting the table in question to another Access database and then linking the table into each other database, this seems to work except that referential integrity can't be set up as it was. Is there any way to keep the integrity between the external database and the databases it links to?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 10:42
Hmmm people seemed to have stayed away from this one.

Well

Seems a bit odd that only one table is common to start with maybe more later

Since nione of the applications are truly stand alone hold all the tables in one application where you can have all the links with referential integrity enforved. Use linked tables in all of your applications.

Now are you sure that the applications are different for each account manager ?. or is that a route you have chosen for simplicity

Maybe you have an application for use by many account managers that needs a control to limit account managers to their own clients data ?.

With many applications you ill have multiple updates when somebody asks for a change or additional functionality

Len

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom