Linking to Other Tables (1 Viewer)

DavidGr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:32
Greetings,

I was wondering if you could advice.

I have 5 or 6 questionnaires and each of these is linked together by a person Identifier number. How can I do it so that all the questionnaires recognise that these tables are all linked by the same number.

Secondly, if I wanted to say, do a search on a particular number, is there a way to do that if i say, searched for that number in a query, i'd get all 5 questionnaires come up rather than have to do a search for each table (ie. one search brings all the results from all the tables up or at least a link to them

What would be great is if you could do it so that you could do a search on say, all who were a nationality and it brings you up all the results for all the different questionnaires.

Please advise,

thank you

DavidGr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:32
I can't actually give you access to the database cos its got private information on but I can try explaining again:

I have people come in and do questionnaires. Each person is given an ID code which is related to them and each form they do has the ID code on it and the ID code is the same always. What I want to do is to link them up so that when I actually search for a particular person, I can all the records from all of the tables up, rather than have to search for each one seperately as well as also ensuring that I have all the data for each person on all three questionnaires. Understand better? Plus, how would you make a query so that when I search for a particular ID, I get all the information about all of the tables rather than just querying one. I hope this clarifies! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom