Locked out. Pls Help (1 Viewer)

N

NK

I have diabled MS Access toolbar/menubar and created my own. I have disabled F11 key from the startup options on the tools menu and I have used code to disable the Shift bypass key upon database startup. By mistake, I opened the database and now I can't get to its design. All I need is copy the data in the tables. Does anybody know of a way to get back into the DB? or at least a way to copy my 350 records? It's urgent please help.

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:30
Hi NK,

at worst you should be able to create a new db and go File | Get external data | Import and just grab everything you want. For the future - always use a backend and front end ( and keep a current back up of both ). That way you can lock up the front as much as you want and if you really need to make changes you can always trash it and drop in a new one. It also means that any corruption is unlikely to affect both at the same time, and you've got back ups anyhow

HTH

N

NK

Thanks HTH for your reply but as I have mentioned, I have disabled the menu bar and all items on it. Therefore, the Get External Data command is unavailable. Any other ideas?

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:30
sorry, what i meant was start to totaly new db - not touching the existing one at all for the minute. Then, in the new db get external data etc, you should have all the menus still available from there,

[This message has been edited by KDg (edited 09-28-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom